Monday, January 11, 2010

If you cant change the world.. Change yourself

So I was dragged to Wal-mart (I HATE Wal-mart) to buy the first pair of tennis shoes that I have owned since I was 15 that were not Converse. They are ugly and purple and horrible.. but what they represent is everything. They are the start of a new me. A new outlook. A new self image.
Im the girl with the personality, the one who makes people laugh, the one who is fun to be around (when im not thinking of him of course) but Ive never been the skinny one. The pretty one, maybe, somedays. And Ive been pretty much okay with that. I was happy in my station. But now, well, now im not.

Ive lost around 20lbs so far on what started as 'the break up' diet. But now, im going healthy about it. Ive dropped my calories and cut out all but diet soda. It was hard at first, when I stopped being so depressed about the break up... but now it seems like second nature. Im excited to see just what I can become.

If I can lose another 40, Ill be thrilled. 60 and ill fall over. Im proud of me. Curves is having a special 3 months free when you sign up through the cleveland clinic..Thats my plan tomorrow. 90 days.. god, i wonder what I can accomplish by then.

I guess this blog is going to become just what I thought, A look at the metomorphisis of me. How do you grow stronger from a broken heart, and what do you do with yourself when what you thought you were living for is gone? My idea.. Im going to go back to living for me.

That feels pretty good. So bring it on purple tennis shoes and yoga pants... Im ready for you.

2 comments:

  1. FUCK YEAH YOU'RE READY!

    And I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you Tessa. You might wanna check out sparkpeople.com. They have a lot of helpful tools for getting healthy

    ReplyDelete